After a bloody battle, the winner was DB.
Wonju DB defeated Ulsan Hyundai Mobis 94-90 in the 2022-2023 SKT Adot Professional Basketball regular league held at Ulsan Dongchun Gymnasium on the 7th. With a record of 12 wins and 18 losses, it remained in ninth place alone. It narrowed the gap with Daegu Korea Gas Corporation (11 wins, 16 losses) in 8th place.
DB had fun with the tall lineup, including Choi Seung-wook (195cm, F) – Kang Sang-jae (200cm, F) – Kim Jong-gyu (206cm, C) – Dewan Hernandez (208cm, C). Although Hyundai Mobis fought a bloody battle that went all the way to overtime in the last chase, they showed their concentration even in overtime. The fighting spirit of the players gave acting coach Kim Joo-seong his first win as a manager.
1Q: Wonju DB 23-20 Ulsan Hyundai Mobis: Kim Jong-gyu’s fighting spirit
[Kim Jong-gyu’s 1Q record]
– 7 minutes and 3 seconds, 6 points (2 points: 2/4), 4 rebounds (attack 2) and 1 assist
* Highest 1Q among players from both teams Score
* Most rebounds in 1Q among players on
both teams * Most offensive rebounds in 1Q among players on both teams
DB coach Lee Sang-beom and DB head coach Kim Seong-chul, who led the DB for more than 4 years, resigned together. There are also health problems, but poor performance was a big reason.
sudden resignation. The atmosphere of the team can be turbulent. However, the resignation of the head coach also boosts the mood of the team. It also serves as an opportunity to bring the team together.
Kim Jong-gyu (206cm, C) wanted the latter. He burned his fighting spirit, starting with basic and altruistic plays such as defending under the net, rebounding, assisting defense, and talking. He wasn’t afraid to fight his opponent either.
Kim Jong-gyu’s fighting spirit can make the DB’s foundation positive. Recognizing this, Kim Jong-gyu focused more on the basics. Then DB’s performance also went up. Kim Jong-gyu’s fighting spirit clearly exerted a positive influence.
2Q: Wonju DB 49-34 Ulsan Hyundai Mobis: Tall lineup
[DB key player 2Q record]
– Kang Sang-jae: 10 minutes, 7 points (2 points: 2/2, free throw: 3/4) 4 rebounds (attack 1) 2 assists 1 steal
– Dewan Hernandez: 6 minutes 59 seconds, 6 points (2 points: 3/4) 2 rebounds
– Choi Seung-wook: 5 minutes 31 seconds, 6 points (2 points: 3/3)
– Kim Jong-gyu: 10 minutes, 5 points ( 2 points: 2/2, free throws: 1/1)
The member of the 3-rebound DB isn’t that bad. However, there were many injuries to the main axis resources. Because of this, DB’s position balance and air defense balance collapsed a lot. Former coach Lee Sang-beom also expressed frustration, saying, “Injuries keep coming out.”
Doo Kyung-min (183cm, G) underwent knee surgery and Lee Seon Albano (185cm, G) suffered flu symptoms, but Kang Sang-jae (200cm, F) returned. If Kim Jong-kyu (206cm, C), Kang Sang-jae, and foreign players come together, the DB height can be improved.
DB showed a tall lineup in the second quarter against Hyundai Mobis. After putting Won Jong-hoon (175cm, G) as one guard, Choi Seung-wook (195cm, F), Kang Sang-jae, Kim Jong-gyu, and Dewan Hernandez (208cm, C) were put on the court. From defending and rebounding using the height of the forward line, inducing mismatches and participating in offensive rebounds. It showed the advantage of a tall lineup.
He didn’t just show off his height. The players included in the tall lineup showed organic movements. Because of that, DB tall resources were able to score evenly. This was the decisive factor that made the big difference between DB and Hyundai Mobis.
3Q: Wonju DB 64-57 Ulsan Hyundai Mobis: 99
[Hyundai Mobis key player 3Q record]
– Lee Woo-seok: 6 minutes and 20 seconds, 8 points (free throw: 3/3)
– Shin Min-seok: 10 minutes, 6 points (3 points: 2/3) 3 rebounds (attack 1)
– Ronjay Avarientos: 10 minutes, 3 points (3 points: 1/1) 2 assists
Hyundai Mobis is a team with many players born in 1999. Lee Woo-seok (196cm, G) and Seo Myung-jin (189cm, G), Shin Min-seok (199cm, F) and Kim Dong-jun (175cm, G) are representative resources. All of them have the nickname ’99s’.
The age of ’99’ is 23 or 24 years old. young. It can show spirit, high energy level, and bold play. Hyundai Mobis coach Jo Dong-hyun also orders ’99s’ to play using their energy level.
Lee Woo-seok and Shin Min-seok made good use of it in the third quarter against DB. A bold three-point attempt and a quick attack made Hyundai Mobis rise.토토사이트
Another 1999 born helped the rise. This is Ronjay Avarientos (181cm, G). Avarientos maximized the firepower of the ’99s’ with clever passes and 3-point shots. The vitality of the team also increased. The gap between Hyundai Mobis and DB has also shrunk by a single digit.
4Q: Ulsan Hyundai Mobis 79-79 Wonju DB: An Unfinished Game
[4Q Key Scenes]
1. 48.8 seconds before the end of the game: DB Dewan Hernandez, Dunk (DB 77-74 Hyundai Mobis)
2. 29.5 seconds before the end of the game: Hyundai Mobis Ronjay Avarientos, left 45 degree 3-point shot (Hyundai Mobis 77-77 DB)
3. 10.9 seconds before the end of the game: DB Kang Sang-jae made two foul free throws (DB 79-77 Hyundai Mobis)
4. 2.9 seconds after the end of the game Before: Hyundai Mobis Lee Woo-seok, jumper after moving without a ball (Hyundai Mobis 79-79 DB)
Hyundai Mobis formed a pursuit flow. Hyundai Mobis’ 4th quarter momentum was also fierce. After locking up DB’s uptrend with defense, he expressed confidence in set offense and fast attack. 2 minutes and 2 seconds before the end of the 4th quarter, Gage Prim (205cm, C) scored under the goal to turn the game around 74-72.
DB did not back down easily. Kim Jong-gyu led Prim’s unsportsmanlike foul 1 minute and 30 seconds before the end of the 4th quarter. 1 of 2 foul free throws made. Hernandez made a spin move followed by a jumper in the next attack. After a successful jumper, he made a runaway score with a dunk. With 48.8 seconds remaining, the score was 77-74.
Hyundai Mobis counterattacked. He created a second chance point opportunity with consecutive offensive rebounds. The player who finished the opportunity was Avarientos. Avarientos heated up Ulsan Dongchun Gymnasium with a tying 3-point shot (77-77).
29.5 seconds remaining. DB requested last timeout. Kang Sang-jae got a foul free throw by breaking through 10.9 seconds before the end of the 4th quarter. Both free throws were successful. DB just had to keep the remaining time.
However, Hyundai Mobis did not let this happen. Woo-Seok Lee finished Avarientos’ pass with a mid-range jumper. made a tie again. Avarientos’ tenacious defense turned the last shot of Ethan Albano (185cm, G) to no avail. End of regular time. The match went into overtime.
Overtime: Wonju DB 94-90 Ulsan Hyundai Mobis: 5 minutes added
[Footsteps of Wonju’s legend, Kim Joo-sung]
1. Total record as a player
1) Scored: 10,288 points (3rd in KBL history)
2) Rebounds: 4,425 Number of shots (4th in KBL history)
3) Blocked shots: 1,037 (1st in KBL history)
4) Playoff championship: 3 times (2002~2003, 2004~2005, 2007~2008)
2. Coach debut season: 2019~2020 season
3. After joining the coach, DB score
1) 2019~2020: 28 wins, 15 losses – Tie for first place (early end due to COVID-19)
2) 2020~2021: 24 wins, 30 losses – 9th place
3) 2021~2022: 23 wins, 31 losses – 8th place
[Low ranking table]
1. 6th place: Jeonju KCC – 14 wins 15 losses
2. 7th place: Suwon KT – 13 wins 15 losses
3. 8th place: Daegu Korea Gas Corporation – 11 wins 16 losses
4. 9th place: Wonju DB – 12 wins 18 losses
5. 10th place: Seoul Samsung: 10 wins 19-loss
overtime game time is 5 minutes. If the score is tied at the end of five minutes of overtime, a second overtime period will be played. The second overtime period was also 5 minutes. Moment-to-moment flow is important in overtime.
The first team to catch the flow was DB. Dewan Hernandez dominated the bottom of the goal, and Park In-woong (190cm, F) made a successful 3-pointer 1 minute and 52 seconds before the end of the game, leading to 90-86. The last time out of Hyundai Mobis was exhausted.
DB also suffered a crisis. Committing a turnover in a situation where it could have ended. However, Albano struck a wedge with a free throw 5.9 seconds before the end of the game. Thanks to this, acting DB manager Kim Joo-seong reported his first win in his managerial debut.